Thursday 23 January 2014

Old Hobbit's Never Die, They Carry on Blogging.

So here I am, still blogging. My old blog that ran from 2004-14 had become somewhat old, tired and I'd lost my mojo with it to be honest. Looking at it I felt it represented a different me and now after ten years I'd changed as a person quite considerably. So, time to take a new direction I set to work.

Deciding to change the look and feel of the blog I experimented with templates and editing HTML code which resulted in something of a disaster as my HTML knowledge is very amateur and seemingly changing templates resulted in lots of broken links to images and videos. Whilst it still exists and has a link to it I may well archive it in time and remove it from the net.

Instead of letting the old site name/page slowly die I decided to start a new blog with an almost identical name and a fresh new look. This new project will hopefully represent ten years blogging experience, has a new simpler format that's less cluttered and easier to read. I want this blog to contain lots of life experience articles but also have shorter, snappier and straight to the point posts. As an experienced blogger I felt that the two main incentives for me when reading other blogs was an easy template on the eyes and posts that don't waffle on forever. I'm guilty of both in my last blog, the first template was white writing on a black background and I was partial to long posts on occasion. I guess you live and learn and listen to feedback from friends.

Just like a phoenix rising from the ashes the hobbit's journal continues albeit it more of a part deux. Expect more political content (the times they are a-changin'), candid opinions, personal musings, life events and no doubt the odd bit of controversy!

So please bookmark me and hopefully like the last blog this one will last ten years or longer. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment